We went glamping! ✨

3:16 am


 Glamorous camping or popularly known as glamping, has been the trend lately. It isn't hard to see why, given all the fairy lights & aesthetics. However, I must say it's not for everyone. Some of my friends can't fathom how glamping is romantic or fun since...there's no aircon. But hello, it's a tent afterall, not a hotel! 

Moving on, we booked ours on airbnb to celeb my bday but long story short, it was horrible. 

 Expectation vs reality:


just look at how filthy it is 😡 Don't even get me started on the diff in deco


 I mean I don't expect it to be spotless but this is too much. Seems like they didn't clean it at all 🤦🏻‍♀️



Fortunately, we were given a 90% refund with the option to still stay the night (but we left). 
Not sure if we were unlucky or what to get such a dirty tent but since we got our refund, I shall not mention names.

In my state of disappointment, I booked another glamping company for the following week! 
It's from Glamping city for $180/night (same price as the previous one btw 😒 I knw...)


Expectation vs reality 😍


We were given an upgrade to couple suite (larger tent but with the same interior as couple deluxe). Must be god compensating us for the previous failed experience 🙏🏼 
We were really satisfied with the overall condition of the tent. It was clean, spacious, had towels & ice box provided and had a big portable fan with batteries enough to last us the whole night.  



Went cycling & only came back after dinner time. 




So I invited my fam to drop by to chill since the concept of glamping was foreign to them


everyone could fit into the tent comfortably & my mum said she wanted to book it in future too haha








"Help me take photo. I want to put on fb"
My mum sure knows how to "enjoy" 😂 



brought along our inflatable couch which I didn't get to enjoy thanks to them




my parents brought along some fruits & kong's glutton mode turned on 🤣 look at how greedy he looks here hahahahaha


Daddy ong also wanted a photo to post on social media
"bang wo pai!" 📸
 I also lost count of the number of photos I took for my sisters for their gram 😒 



Had a good night's sleep after our next door neighbour stopped playing blasting their indian music #notracist 





 woke up for (sorta) sunrise



Fyi Nikon, this one real plane lol







rise & shine ☀️








Other stuff to note:
- the planes flying past can get quite loud as they fly quite low & if you're v noise sensitive, this is not for you cause the planes fly past every few minutes!
- There's no portable toilets so you have to use the public toilet nearby to wash up & shower (in cold water)
- It can get quite cold throughout the night so bringing a jacket is advisable
- Bring adequate water cause the water cooler is v far away
- No charging point = must bring portable charger

Overall we had a pleasant experience with glamping city & would totally recommend them 😊👍🏼

You Might Also Like

0 comments