Exploring Lim Chu Kang jetty & Neo Tiew estate

11:06 am



So almost a year ago, I started satisfying my wanderlust to explore parts of this little red dot that I've never been to. This was one of my first few ulu explorations. And yup, procrastination got the better of me thus this post 11 mths late 😅

A photo posted by Jowin 🍍 (@mojojowin) on

The first thing that comes to mind about Lim Chu Kang? Cemeteries & campsites. And maybe Phua chu kang too lol.  But that's not the reason we were there for haha. We drove really deep into Lim Chu Kang, passing by many forested & some industrial areas before finally reaching the edge of Singapore. Parked the car by the roadside & started exploring. 

First thing you'll notice is a police building just by the entrance of the jetty then this dilapidated wooden boardwalk with junk. It's like screaming: welcome to ulu paradise!  


 Then we proceeded on warily


No trespassing sign



Saw this pile of what seemed like dried food? 

Took out my lomo camera & happily started snapping the background because I felt that it was photo-worthy BUT the next moment...

"Please stop taking photos"
sounded from a loud hailer omg! 😱

I got a shock man! Then it dawned on me that it came from the coast guard on duty cause I was not supposed to take any photos of their property.  & omg, I felt so embarrassed la! 😨  Luckily we were the only 2 souls there at that point in time. 

 Still quite taken aback but no choice, just pretend nothing happened & continue exploring 😶

Got kong to be in-charge of my lomo now haha & made him snap the yucky gunk for me. 
 Damn gross I know but interesting texture
 Imagine falling in omg. Need to bathe in bleach aft that. 

The iconic shot that everyone takes here. Luckily we came at the right time so no photobombing hehe 👍🏼  Doesn't look like it's in Sg right? I love it when I find places like that. 


Look at that haze


 #ootd

damn, i miss my curls 😕


Saw a boat full of people arriving at the jetty out of nowhere. Wasn't any land or floating platforms nearby so they seemed like illegal immigrants yknw hahaha! but no la probably not, since the coast guard did not stop them.


Haha he laughed immediately after my snap stopped 🙄  & oh god, braces...


 Difference in our attire haha! Kong is #teamslippers all day errday 🙄

His #ootd



Made our way out & while driving back to civilisation, we managed to spot Neo Tiew Road. Another place on my checklist ✔️



The entrance was chained with a rusty lock but there was a big enough gap for us to enter. 



  The abandoned playground of Neo tiew


But nahhh, we didn't enter. Cause someone's a civil servant, cannot break the law. & i didn't have the guts to enter alone 😖  Besides, the compound has been converted to a military training ground. 


How to get there: 
by car 👉🏼  just set 'lim chu kang jetty' on maps & follow
by public transport 👉🏼  from opp choa chu kang mrt, take bus 975 and alight 39 stops later at lim chu kang road (bus stop is v near entrance of jetty)

That's about it. More exploration posts to come! 👋🏼

With love, J💋

You Might Also Like

0 comments