Exploring Dakota Cresent - the day we went into an abandoned house

3:29 am

Back in January, we had an impromptu trip to Tian kee & co, where it's famous for its rainbow cheesecake. When we reached, I made kong take ootds for me first cause it was getting dark.
 

It's always a struggle getting him to take a photo to my standards cause halfway through he would just end up complaining & give a black face, which was exactly what happened ytd ☹️
 

Took some test shots of him so he can follow the framing
This became.....


THIS!
How is it even similar?? My bf is so bad at this 😒

After countless of shots, some were finally acceptable






 Next location: chanced upon the iconic old school playground that was nearby.


Grumpy boy is grumpy from taking so many shots


So I offered to take him an #ootd since his dressed up hehe and that took some steam off him haha!The reversed role was so much easier so he concluded he should be the model & I be behind the lens instead....😒


Made him take a last shot for me (last few I mean hehe)

 Okay then we finally made our way to the cafe.Ordered the rainbow cheesecake ($7.50)
 

The texture was different from normal cheesecakes, it was more wobbly & jelly-like? Taste wise was not bad 😋  Wanted to wait for our drinks to snap a pic tgt but I was afraid that the cake would melt. Then a few moments after we tucked in, the drinks were served 😑
He ordered the vanilla rose tea. It smelled heavenly but tasted so bland, boo ☹️I ordered an iced matcha latte which tasted normal (no pics)
Old school ride which cost 20cents back in the days. Now the ones in the malls are like $2 a ride eh, that's like 10x the price! 😱

Total bill was $19 
Verdict: Love the vintage theme. Worth a visit.

Next up: abandoned house time!
So while in the cafe,  the hdbs just across the road caught my eye and I noticed that it looked vacant? Like the exterior was so empty, with no signs of any inhabitants (the absence of potted plants was a huge giveaway). 

01-17 
Someone's front porch a Long time ago

This building's the old type of hdb where it's only 3 storeys high with no lift.

6 families used to live here...

Went up to explore the 2nd floor & Guess what?


It's not locked!!!



So we bravely walked in (okay actually no, i was kinda scared and made kong go first) & had the same thought: Confirm a yalam lived there cause of the wall colour 🙊  (no offence tho)




Went to check out the balcony, which was not locked too
Next we went to check out the next door neighbour...

Somehow, this house felt creepier than the first....do you guys feel the creepy vibes?






Wanted Kong to take a photo of me standing in the 2nd floor balcony but I didn't have the guts to be alone there 😰   
Can I just say, it was a mix of excitement & creepiness 😐  I actually got a shock by a piece of large sponge lying at the stairs. I thought it was a person sitting there 😳  I was also actually quite surprised that the place was unlocked & there were no signs of barring anyone from entering. But thanks to it we actually got to enter, unlike Neo tiew estate. But if you're planning to check it out, at your own risk uh! 


According to straits times, it's set for redevelopment by the end of this year. What a pity.

All photos/vids taken by iphone6

You Might Also Like

0 comments