Our 3rd anniversary ♥

7:18 am



Celebrated our 3rd year together earlier this month at Nox dine in the dark. Been wanting to dine there (but $$$) and we finally found an occasion to (splurge). 

We were greeted by a warm and dimmed lighting upon entering the place. A staff then approached us to see if we wanted to get any beverages while waiting for our turn. The cocktails were around $20 and we had no choice but to get it as we were told no water would be served and no drinks were included in the 3 course meal :/

Berry and passionfruit cocktail that we ordered.


I didn't take a photo of our only dish that we could see but it was a tiny slice of sashimi.
Before starting the dinner, we were told to keep all our belongings into the locker. Basically anything that emits light are prohibited so no phones or watches but my bottle was not allowed too, sobs. The staff also checked if we had any dietary restrictions and we told her no clams, no mussels, no oysters, basically no to those 'kiap kiap' shells seafood, if you get what I mean haha!

Anws, when it was our turn, we were instructed to line up in a single file and put our hands on the shoulders of the person in front of you. Our host, Raman, then introduced himself before leading us upstairs to the dining area. As we walked up, it just got dimmer and dimmer. We looked back and caught a last glimpse of the stairway before preparing ourselves for total darkness. 

I felt uneasy when we were seated as the darkness was quite overwhelming. I could only hear and not see kong and that idiot tried to scare me by not replying me -.- so I reached out and smacked him. He literally did not see that coming hahaha!  But luckily for me, there was this CCTV in the corner facing me, the type with the red little led bulbs yknw, so I would stare at it for comfort hehehe ;) 

Btw, if you didn't already know, all the hosts working at Nox are visually impaired but they can guide us to our seats and serve our food without any aid. 

So our first course (appetizers) came, which consisted of 4 dishes. They were laid out according to the clock's 3, 6, 9, 12 timings and we were told to eat from 6 to 9 then 12 and 3. 

6: I could tell that it was a salad with a piece of ham but it was very salty to me. 
9: Mushroom? tofu? something very soft and yummy which I gobbled up. Turns out it was foie gras! My first time trying it and can I say i'm in love with it?!  
12: Sashimi in cubes but I couldn't tell what fish it was. Turns out it was my fav tuna, no wonder so tasty.
3: ?? can't remember haha

We called out to raman & he came to our table swiftly to clear the bowls. He also checked on us to see if we were enjoying our food #goodservice

Main course:
6: Pork
9: Cod fish
12: Beef

3: Duck confit was a little hard and dry

We correctly guessed all the mains yay! But i dropped a small piece of meat cause I really couldn't see shit. After our mains we tried calling for raman but no reply for quite some time so we were like fools talking to ourselves hahaha. But fortunately another host, Fabian, overheard us and came to take over. 

Desserts:
6: raspberry sorbet with fresh strawberry
9: rum & raisin ice cream with chocolate cake
12: two macarons
3: mango sauce pana cotta 


The desserts were sooo yummy! A pity I dropped one of my macarons cause I couldn't see and scooped up both at the same time #fml
I really liked the rum raisin! It was a perfect mixture of coldness and warmth from the chocolate cake, ahhh~ 

I think we ate quite fast? We were done within an hour if im not wrong. Raman led us downstairs and left us with these words before parting: cherish your sight and don't take it for granted. 

So relieved upon being able to see again haha. The dim lights helped our eyes adjust to the change. We were asked to fill up a feedback form where we wrote down what we thought we had eaten too. Shortly after, the staff revealed pictures of the dishes we had on an ipad. So glad we said no oysters because the original menu had a fried oyster, omg heng ah! Anws, their menu changes seasonally so the dishes I mentioned may not be the same so don't worry that the surprise is gone. 

Being a very picky eater, I actually ate almost everything in my bowls. It felt kinda great not needing to pick anything out of my food and just indulging in it. I also felt that food tastes better when I can't see what I'm eating cause I can concentrate on tasting the flavour instead of judging it's appearance. In addition, not having our phones means more talking to each other yay. 

Also, I feel that it's not easy having to live in total darkness. I really respect the visually impaired. Overall I felt that it was a unique experience that everyone should try at least once.

Our total bill amounted to around $240, pretty steep right. 

Actually there is a more affordable option @ Ngee Ann poly called lunch in the dark. If i'm not wrong it's only $30 but i'm not sure how many dishes are served. You guys can check it out if Nox is out of your budget. More info here

Anws, I can't believe we have been tgt for 3 years already. I miss our freshie days :') Just want to say thanks for giving in to me time and again and for being there when I need you. Thanks for being my manslave haha and for letting me bully you. Sometimes you really drive me crazy but other times you are just so lovable. Sorry not sorry that I always annoy you haha but please forgive me for all the times that I PMS and flare up at you oops. You know I love you, forever and always. 

Thanks for the flowers <3

You Might Also Like

0 comments