#28 Alkaff Mansion

5:05 am

Alkaff mansion was built by the Alkaff family primarily as a retreat for them as well as to entertain their guests. After WWII they sold it after suffering business losses & the government acquired it. It was then developed & converted into an Italian restaurant. When I first saw pictures of this place, I knew I had to get my butt down here. 

(sry for the grainy photos, I tried)



They offer both indoor & outdoor dining options but we had an alfresco dining that night as the former was occupied by a wedding banquet. 


Our appetizers 


 Waited quite a while for the food to be served


On my plate: Linguine all’ Aragosta
Lobster Linguine with San Marzano Cherry Tomatoes & Brand
$42 
The lobster shell is just for deco purposes, all the meat is in the pasta if you're wondering. The lobster & pasta sauce was to my liking but the portion was a wee bit too small. 

On his plate: Polletto Arrosto con Patate e Insalata Mista
 Roasted Spring Chicken with Potatoes & Mixed Greens
$42
 Looks tasty right? Sadly, the meat was on the dry side but the portion was generous.


 missing my pre-braces days...


 loving this beautiful structure



  





 loving the fairy lights too


 Bokeh shots, i just had to hehe


Overall, if you were to ask me, I wouldn't go back cause the food was not that great & pricey but I really loved the ambience! Oh, halfway through dinner there was a live acoustic singer accompanied by a guitarist. Adds to the romantic feel of the place. Would recommend you guys to dine here at least once for the romantic ambience & good service. Just don't ask the waiter to recommend you any dish cause he would just read out the most expensive one -.- & be prepared to spend some moolah! 
Last time we were there we had a discount using a UOB card but i'm not sure if it's still ongoing. 

If you're thinking of where to go for vday dinner, this could be the place. They have a special Vday menu so do check it out here.

Alkaff Mansion Ristorante
10 Telok Blangah Green, Singapore 109178
Phone: 6510 3068

Stay tuned for the next review! <3

You Might Also Like

0 comments